The Department of Science Communication (DSC) organized a special panel featuring seven science communication papers during the first day of the ADCEP 2nd International Conference on 14 September 2023 held at the Visayas State University.
The theme of the session was “Transformative Science Communication for Sustainable and Just Social-Ecological Change” convened by Dr. Wini B. Dagli and moderated by Dr. Elaine DC. Llarena.
The special panel included the following presentations:
- Scicom again, but this time more reflexive: How the use of a harmonized framework might transform science communication in the Philippines – Garry Jay S. Montemayor, Jasmin Joyce S. Clarin, Elaine DC. Llarena, Avril Adrianne DG. Madrid, Reianne M. Quilloy, Rosario V. Tatlonghari, Lily L. Tallafer, Eunice B. Brito, Jil Danielle M. Caro, Kathryna Marie M. Lopez, Patricia Isabel A. Matienzo, and Fides Marie DC. Rabena, University of the Philippines Los Baños
- Narrative Analysis of COVID-19 Experiences among Selected Residents of Santa Cruz, Laguna – Laurenz B. Cruz and Pamela A. Custodio, University of the Philippines Los Baños
- The Significance of Science Communication in Hackathons: The HEAL-PH Experience – Avril Adrianne D. Madrid and Val Randolf M. Madrid, University of the Philippines Los Baños
- Reimagining Futures: Transdisciplinary knowledge- making in socio-ecological entanglements – Bryan Joel Mariano, Forest Foundation Philippines and University of the Philippines and Diliman Denise Margaret Matias, Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development
- Towards indigenizing science education in the Philippines: Pagtatanong-tanong with cultural masters and science teachers in Ayta communities – Christerbert de Silva, Australian National University
- Public Engagement with Conservation Science: A Science Communication Perspective of Sustainability – Rachan Daimary, Manipal University in India and Hemant Kumar, Centre for Studies in Science Technology and Innovation Policy Central University of Gujarat, India
- “Pictures of Nothing”: Envisioning arts practices in the field of science communication – Mac Andre Arboleda, Master student, Universität für Weiterbildung Krems, Aalborg Universitet and University of Łódź and Rollyna Domingo, Master student, Université Toulouse III – Paul Sabatier and Université de Perpignan Via Domitia
(Charlene Mae Arkaina; Cover photo from ADCEP Philippines)